Anxiety Awareness and Management
While everyone has worries, or becomes anxious about some things, an anxiety disorder is more than that, affecting an individual’s quality of life, and ability to work effectively.
- Over 15 million people in the UK suffer from mental ill health.
- Anxiety is one of the most common problems.
- It affects 15% of the population, or 1 in 6 people.
- In 2010, 40% of disability worldwide is due to depression and anxiety.
- In the last 15 years, anxiety disorders have increased by 13%.
Where stress is a broad-spectrum illness recognised and supported by many employers, anxiety is sharper, far less understood and far more likely to cause workplace problems.
- This short course in working with anxiety covers:
- what anxiety is
- the signs and symptoms
- the difference between stress and anxiety
- the link between anxiety and depression
- different types of anxiety
- ways to cope
- treatment options available
- the impact in the workplace
- the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- creating supportive working relationships
- working with vulnerable people
The course is aimed at individuals, as well as People Managers, who need to understand and manage anxiety for their own benefit or for the benefit of those they work with.
The course is brought to you by tutors who are qualified counsellors, members of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists, with 25 years of experience of helping people with a range of issues including stress, depression and anxiety.
How long does the course last?
7 – 10 hours.
Is there any tutor support available during the course?
Yes, e-mail support is provided by a qualified counsellor.
What will I have to do to complete the course?
To complete the course you’ll need to submit 4 tutor-marked assignments.
Is there a time limit to complete the course?
You should aim to complete the course within 3 months.
Will I receive a certificate at the end of the course?
Yes, if you complete the course we’ll send you an e-certificate. Hard copy certificates are available on request.
Will I receive any reference notes?
Yes, if you complete the course we’ll send you a PDF version of the topics covered for future reference.
How much does the course cost?
£150 special offer
Is there any financial help to pay for the course?
Yes, funding is currently available from Skills Development Scotland to help pay for this course, subject to T&C’s. Click here to find out more.
For more information about this course please make an enquiry using the form opposite.